Position: CULINARY TOUR GUIDE
Are you passionate about food? Do you love Puerto Rico and its history? Are you great at connecting with people from all walks off life? Can you command a crowd? Can you make people laugh and engage? Can you think on your feet and problem solve? If so, read on…this might be the perfect part-time job for you.
What makes a Spoon guide unique?
Our team loves Puerto Rico and all it has to offer: our gastronomy, history, music, art, traditions, and people. We are travelers, historians, anthropologists, chefs/cooks, artists, event planners, artists, and former executives, bound by our passion for food, culture and our Island. We dig deep into the history of the ingredients we showcase and the evolution of the dishes we serve. We limit the number of guests so that you can interact with them on a personal, first-name basis. We focus on quality across the board: food, drinks, content and the overall experience.
We are always looking for engaging, smart, and passionate tour guides that love food, are great storytellers and enjoy creating memorable experiences for travelers from all over the world. As a spoon guide, you will serve as an ambassador of Puerto Rico – showcasing the best of our people, food, and culture. Leading a food tour is a combination of acquired knowledge and the ability to connect with people of all different ages and cultures.
- Fluent in English and Spanish – fluency in any additional language is a plus
- In the know about Puerto Rico – What’s happening? Where to go? What to do?
- Passion for Food (ingredients, food trends, techniques), History and Culture
- Previous Customer Service, F&B and/or Hospitality experience
- Have a Smartphone and be easily reachable via WhatsApp, text, and/or email
- Have Transportation
- Availability for monthly staff meetings and periodic training sessions
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Flexible schedule
How to Apply:
If you have the skills and traits required please get in touch and include:
- Resume / CV
- Two (2) References
- Current Availability
- Anything else you’d like us to consider – links to instagram, blog, youtube, etc.
- We provide competitive pay and additional perks!
- Supplemental pay: Tips
- Monday to Sunday, as needed
- AM & PM Shifts
- On call
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Hospitality/F&B: 3 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Tourism ID (Preferred)
- Multiple locations, but mainly Old San Juan
We can’t wait to hear from you!