In order to ensure the well-being of our guests, guides and members of the local community, we have implemented new guidelines and protocols for our culinary & cultural experiences. These protocols have been compiled (and will continue to evolve) based on recommendations/guidelines from the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), the World Health Organization (WHO), the US’ Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), and input from The World Travel & Tourism Council, the Puerto Rico Tourism Company, Discover Puerto Rico and Aquila Center for Cruise Excellence.
Our guides have been trained accordingly and have been provided with the necessary tools to keep you and themselves safe. With these procedures in place, you’ll be able to explore and enjoy with peace of mind. The following are our COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Guidelines:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): During all Spoon tours, experiences, and events face masks/respirators will be worn by Spoon guides, guests, and staff at partner restaurants and bars when social distancing is not possible. Guests are to arrive with a mask and wear it at all times with the exception of when eating and drinking.
- Disinfection: Our guides will carry hand sanitizer spray and provide it to guests upon request, while also encouraging them to wash hands whenever a sink is available. Our vehicles will be routinely sanitized.
- Social Distancing: At each sit-down stop, we will socially distance from other guests not part of our group. In public areas, guide and guests shall keep a distance of at least six (6) feet from anyone not part of the experience.
- Visiting Partners Safely: On our tours and experiences, we will only visit restaurants, bars and shops that are adhering to official safety standards and regulations and, where applicable, have been certified as such.
- Tasting Food Safely: Our guides will make sure that food is sampled and distributed safely and according to local health regulations. There will be no sharing or reusing of utensils or dishes.
The newest Executive Order mandates that restaurants and other establishments require customers to show Proof of Vaccination (FDA-approved vaccine) or a recent Negative COVID-19 test (taken no less than 72 hours prior to the visit). All our guests will therefore need to email us a digital copy of the above mentioned prior to their tour ([email protected]). Thank you for your support and understanding!
We have received our Safety Compliance Seal from the Puerto Rico Tourism Company and Safe Travels Certification by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Please visit this link to review the travel requirements imposed by the government of Puerto Rico: https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-advisory